Changes to Mite
program for the 2011-2012 season
Starting with the upcoming 2011-2012
season, Missouri Hockey Mite division will follow the USA Hockey ADM Red, White
& Blue model with exception of Mite AA. Starting in 2012-2013 all
Mites will follow the USA Hockey ADM Red, White & Blue model.
Below is a summary of the USA Hockey ADM
model for Mites
- All Mite games will be played in a 4 on 4
half-ice format. Two games will be
- Dividers will be placed along the red line with
goals in the creases and two more goals near the red line.
- Teams will share the players’ bench during games.
- Flip charts will be used for scorekeeping.
- Scoreboard horn will be used to signal line
changes at 2-minute intervals.
- Faceoffs will occur at the beginning of the game,
after a goal is scored, and on line changes.
- Faceoffs will not occur when the goalie freezes
the puck. Officials will back the
team on offense away and allow play to continue. Goals will be disallowed
for teams who fail to back away from the net.
Red, White and Blue Teams
- Red, White and Blue teams will be divided by
skill level as follows: “Red” will
replace “A1”, “White” will replace “A2”, and “Blue” will replace “B Gold
- Teams will consist of about 10-12 players including
- Player evaluations will take pace during the
first 3-4 weeks of practices and then Red, White, and Blue teams will be
Practices and Games
- USA Hockey ADM model practices will be
followed. The ADM practices are
station-based and focus on small areas games with an emphasis on skill
- There will be monthly citywide weekend jamborees
- Each club is expected to host one weekend
- There will be in-house games as well as
exhibition games against other associations.
- MIHOA refs are mandatory at weekend jamborees an
optional for exhibition games (both intra-squad and against other clubs)
While we recognize that change can be
difficult, please understand that the new format is designed based on the USA
Hockey ADM model which demonstrates that small area practices and the 4 on 4
half ice games will speed the development of younger players.
For more information and videos on the USA
Hockey ADM program, please visit the following websites.